Saturday, August 29, 2015

Jake, the crocheted dog



Today I decided to make an Adventure Time key ring for my fiance. It is disproportionate and poorly made, as I lost patience with the little sucker towards the end, but it's made with heaps of love :P
I will definitely make another one at some point, and adjust the work a little. And breathe more steadily ;)

First, I made four chain stitches, which I then connected into a loop:



Then I made 8 single stitches in the loop. After that I increased continuously a few rounds, making two single stitches in every other stitch in the previous round, until I felt like the bottom/top of Jake's body was big enough. To make a sylinder shape, I just made one stitch in every stitch, until the body was long enough.
Bottom is big enough now.

One single stitch in every previous stitch to make it go upwards. This is with the inside out, which automatically happens when doing this technique. 

 Flipped right side out.


The body is long enough.


Stuff the cylinder with wadding, before closing it up. To close, do the opposite as in the beginning: skip making stitches in every other previous stitch.



Now this is what killed it for me- finding out how to do all the small parts. As I improvise everything, experimenting can take a lot of time. But, I ended up with limbs and whatnot anyway:

Sewing them on(and eyes, mouth and ears) late in the evening when you should have eaten something a long time ago is nothing I would recommend. This is where my patience with Jake, and the universe in general, flew out the window. But, I got through that too, stubborn as I am. Last thing to to was to attach the key ring itself through Jake's head, and I could finally present it to a very happy guy :)

Now, late night snack!

The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment