Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Holiday crafts

This summer my fiance and I went to Greece, going to different islands. I didn't bring any crafts with me other than pencils and sketching paper. Problem was, I haven't been in drawing mode for years, so I was constantly looking for a crafts shop. There were a lot of shops with crafts in them, but not much supplies. Until we got to Naxos, there I found a shop called Beads, which had a very small selection of beads and cords etc, but it was super expensive and choices were limited. But, it was enough to soothe my crafts itch for a while. Then, a few days later, we walked past a yarn shop! So of course I bought some yarn! I tried explaining to the Greek lady that spoke no English, what a tatting needle was, but I gave up and just got a regular crochet needle.
At Beads I found relatively good cords, but the beads I will probably donate to a kindergarten(I bought a bulk bag for 3 euros, which was the best deal I could find there).

 Some typical holiday bracelets, top one has a turquoise on it.

A few days after that, in a random supermarket one night, I found a package of needles, where one was long and thin enough to use as a tatting needle. Also found safety pins, so that bracelet making would be easier.

The yarn I bought. These would cost me 6 euros a piece here in Norway, there i got them for 2,5 euros.



The project I ended up spending most time on is this. It will be a back piece for a top. Hope it works out the way I want it to, as I am, like with everything, winging it :P

No comments:

Post a Comment